So, yeah, don't even get me started on what I get to write.
The title isn't sarcasm, it's more like the conclusion to the thoughts running around in my head right now. As has been established in class, and somewhat in this blog, my favorite writing is fiction. I look forward to time that I can spend with my notebook and a pen or my laptop and just write until my hand cramps up or my eyes water from the bright screen. This rarely happens, though. For several reasons, most of them having to do with other obligations, and an RPG (video game) addiction. These days, my marble composition notebook has been spending a lot of time at the bottom of my desk drawer. As I'm writing this, I'm considering carrying it around with me again. But anyways, when I do have the time to write for fun now, I pull up the Word document of whatever story I'm in the mood for, and write whatever pops into my head.
And the point of the title of this post is that, in addition to the writing itself, I absolutely love to tell people about what I'm working on. Especially when I have a new idea. The history of my fiction writing is long and sometimes personally distressing and I won't go into it now, but the last few years have been dedicated to overcoming writer's block. These days, my plan is to just pretend there is no writer's block. It has resulted in the occasional really boring scene, in which my heroine just sits around in the kitchen, drinking coffee and reading a magazine. I embrace the writer's block and try to write through it. Because another thing I love to do is re-read some of the things I've written and see if there's anything in there that actually might be universal and true to all. The truth within the constructed story... that's why I love fiction. I'm not quite there yet, but I can't stop writing, so I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment